RFR(S/M): 7132678: G1: verify that the marking bitmaps have no marks for objects over TAMS

Jon Masamitsu jon.masamitsu at oracle.com
Wed May 15 22:11:06 UTC 2013

John,

Why use guarantee() here instead of a  assert()?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~johnc/7132678/webrev.0/src/share/vm/gc_implementation/g1/g1CollectedHeap.cpp.frames.html

5945 void G1CollectedHeap::check_bitmaps(const char* caller, HeapRegion*
hr) {
5946   if (!G1VerifyBitmaps) return;
5947
5948   guarantee(verify_bitmaps(caller, hr), "bitmap verification");
5949 }

check_bitmap() has a PRODUCT_RETURN.  Is this so it works in an
optimized build?

Jon