RFR(S/M): 7132678: G1: verify that the marking bitmaps have no marks for objects over TAMS

John Cuthbertson john.cuthbertson at oracle.com
Thu May 16 17:19:57 UTC 2013

Hi Jon,

Thanks for looking at the webrev. I'll try to answer your question but,
since the change originated with Tony, I'll be speculating.

I know that Tony preferred to use guarantee vs assert when he could. In
routines that were not compiled out in product builds - a guarantee
(even guarded) can affect the code generated by compiler while an assert
will not. In that case he would use an assert. In routines that are
completely compiled out in product builds there's no difference or
penalty by using guarantee.

JohnC