Hotspot: GC "logs" from hell

Jon Masamitsu jon.masamitsu at oracle.com
Thu May 23 18:56:03 UTC 2013

Bernd,

So you know you're talking to the people wielding the picks
and shovels, right?  What you're asking for (and you're not
alone) is no small deal.   This has been on our to-do list for
quite a while, but  it seems like every time we try to push it up,
something new gets dropped on top and pushes it back
down.

If in the end all we can do is provide guidance, is there
any sentiment in the community to try and get this done
separate from Oracle?

Jon