RFR (XS): 8027756: assert(!hr->isHumongous()) failed: code root in humongous region? (P2-JDK8!)

Tao Mao tao.mao at oracle.com
Tue Nov 5 18:49:44 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

Can you make the assertion message from a question to a statement? It'll
help future readers understand it.

say, in g1CollectedHeap.cpp

- assert(!hr->continuesHumongous(), "code root in continuation of
humongous region?");
+ assert(!hr->continuesHumongous(), "code root should not attached to a
humonguous continuation");

There may be a couple of other similar ones.

Thanks.
Tao