Request for review 8024366: UseNUMAInterleaving should be available for other GC's.

Shrinivas Joshi shrinivas.joshi at oracle.com
Wed Sep 11 23:16:52 UTC 2013

Hi Ramki,

Thanks for the feedback. Your version of the comments in 'else' part
reads better. I will make those changes.
Regarding the differences in the settings on Windows, where UseNUMA maps
to UseNUMAInterleaving, Tom Deneau from AMD has written a blog on this
after he contributed UseNUMAInterleaving feature changes -
http://developer.amd.com/community/blog/a-new-numa-option-for-windows-on-the-hotspot-jvm/
.

We turn UseNUMAInterleaving OFF on Windows when UseNUMA is not set since
UseNUMAInterleaving is ON by default on Windows. On Windows, we only
want to enable interleaving when UseNUMA is set since there is no real
full-blown UseNUMA feature available/possible on Windows as of today.
UseNUMAInterleaving code is independent of UseNUMA and hence we have to
disable interleaving explicitly if it is not asked for either in the
form of UseNUMA or UseNUMAInterleaving.

I hope this was of help?

Thanks,
-Shrinivas