RFR(S): 8048179: Early reclaim of large objects that are referenced by a few objects

Dmitry Fazunenko dmitry.fazunenko at oracle.com
Wed Dec 10 17:09:37 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

May I suggest refactoring to the regression test?
Now we have @requires that allows us to avoid vm flag conflicts. So,
it's not necessary anymore to fork a VM.
After refactoring the test header  would look like:

/**
   * @test
   * ...
    * @requires vm.gc == null | vm.gc == "G1"
    * @run main/othervm  -XX:+UseG1GC -Xms128M -Xmx128M -Xmn16M
-XX:+PrintGC -Xloggc:gc.log ReclaimRegionFast
    * @run TestEagerReclaimHumongousRegions3
    */

The code of ReclaimRegionFast will be unchanged. You need only modify
TestEagerReclaimHumongousRegions3 to read from gc.log instead of the
process output.

Thanks,
Dima