RFR(s): 8066822: Remove PSMarkSweep::set_reference_processor

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Thu Dec 11 07:24:56 UTC 2014

Hi Kim,

On 12/11/14 12:29 AM, Kim Barrett wrote:
> Note: I will need a sponsor for this change.
>
> Please review this small change to remove an unused function.  This
> function has had a "delete this function" comment since the dawn of
> the mercurial age.
>
> While I was in the vicinity, I made a couple of additional code
> cleanups:
>
> * removed a couple of unnecessary
>    debug_only(public:)
>    debug_only(private:)
> member exposure blocks that were cluttering up the code.
>
> * Removed some unnecessary upcasts of return values to match the
> return type of the function being returned from.
>
> CR:
>
> Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kbarrett/8066822
>
> Testing: JPRT

Looks good to me. Thanks for cleaning this up!

The counters() method is only used as a private accessor. Do you want to
move that to the private section as part of this cleanup? Alternatively
it could be removed and the only use of it in
PSMarkSweep::invoke_no_policy() could access the instance variable
_counters directly.

I can sponsor the fix.

Thanks,
Bengt