RFR (smallish?) 8061611: Remove deprecated command line flags

Derek White derek.white at oracle.com
Tue Dec 16 21:33:11 UTC 2014

Hi Bengt,

On 12/16/14 3:12 PM, Derek White wrote:
> Hi Bengt,
>
> On 12/16/14 6:50 AM, Bengt Rutisson wrote:
>> About DiagnosticMXBean. I realize that it will not be possible to
>> verify the "=" vs. ":=" semantics if you use the MXBean instead of
>> parsing the PrintFlagsFinal output. But on the other hand I am not so
>> sure this is an important distinction to test as long at the values
>> are correct. I'm fine with parsing the output if you think this is
>> important. The MXBean approach would be fewer lines of code though.
>
> O, I'll try MXBeans.

So it looks like
ManagementFactoryHelper.getDiagnosticMXBean().getVMOption() works on the
current VM? If so, I'd have to duplicate the option name and option
value in two places - in  a "@run" comment and in the test verification
code. Is this right?

      "@run main/othervm -XX:fisk=99"

    String expectedValue = "99";
    option = diagnostic.getVMOption("fisk");
    if (!expectedValue.equals(option.getValue())) {
         throw new RuntimeException("Wrong value for fisk. Expected " +
    expectedValue + " but got " + option.getValue());
    }

I must be missing something.

  - Derek