RFR: 8033426: Scale initial NewSize using NewRatio if not set on command line

Stefan Johansson stefan.johansson at oracle.com
Mon Feb 3 15:40:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

Can I have a couple of reviews for this enhancement:

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sjohanss/8033426/webrev.00/

If not using large pages this will be 1.5M for the default collector
regardless of how large the whole heap is. The proposed change is to
scale the initial young size the same way the maximum young size is
scaled, using the NewRatio parameter.

Note:
This change has been out on review as part of the fix for JDK-8028498,
but after discussions we have decided take another approach for that bug.

Testing:
* JPRT
* GC tests in jtreg

Thanks,