RFR (S): 8035654: Add times for evacuation failure handling in "Other" time

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Tue Feb 25 13:51:57 UTC 2014

Hi all,

  can I have reviews for the following change: it adds detailed log
messages for the evacuation failure handling in case it occurs.

With that (and the other change that adds output for the card
redirtying) the "Other" time will (almost) correspond to the sum of its
parts.

Note that you may notice that this code (and actually in a few places in
the G1 code) contains lots of boiler-plate code for measuring time.

e.g.

double some_time = os::elapsedTime();

[ code to measure ]

_g1->g1_policy()->phase_times()->record_some_time_ms(...);

I intend to clean up this by using a scoped object in a separate CR (In
addition to G1 code using os::elapsedTime() to get the current time).

CR:

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tschatzl/8035654/webrev/

Testing: