RFR: 8048269: Add flag to turn off class unloading after G1 concurrent mark

Jon Masamitsu jon.masamitsu at oracle.com
Thu Jul 17 22:14:03 UTC 2014

On 07/17/2014 12:25 AM, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> Hi,

>>> +1
>> I'm fine with this one too.
> I would suggest ClassUnloadingAtConcurrentMark, because it seems more
> concise, but either is okay.
>
> That would be similar to PrintHeapAtGC and so on. :)

The flag sounds more concise but is it that correct?   With CMS
at least (which we hope to make use this same flag) some
of the reduction in work would be during marking but the
freeing of the metaspace and the cleaning of the system
dictionary come later (after the sweep).  I still like
ClassUnloadingWithConcurrentMark - not as precise but
maybe more correct?

Jon