RFR: 8046670: Make CMS metadata aware closures applicable for other collectors

Stefan Karlsson stefan.karlsson at oracle.com
Thu Jun 12 10:40:42 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-12 10:47, Stefan Karlsson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please, review this patch to make the metadata-tracing oop closures
> used by CMS available to other collectors. This patch is needed by the
> G1 Class Unloading work.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~stefank/8046670/webrev.00/

New patch:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~stefank/8046670/webrev.01/

The old patch didn't include the new iterator.inline.hpp file. I've
added the file and made sure that we include it where needed. I've
verified that this builds without precompiled header.

I've also verified that we unload classes when running Kitchensink with CMS.

thanks,
StefanK