G1:long remark pauses

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Fri May 16 10:58:34 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

It looks like the application is using a lot of Reference objects. The
time spent in remark is dominated by reference processing. See the
attached graph generated from the log file you sent.

You can try to see if adding -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled improves the
situation.

If the customer is interested in updating their application they might
want to see if they can reduce the number of java.lang.ref.Reference
objects they use.

Hths,
Bengt