RFR: 8042298 - Remove the names gen0 and gen1 from the GC code

Jesper Wilhelmsson jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com
Mon May 19 21:17:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

After some discussions we have concluded that the merged flag used to trigger
young GCs before a full GC should keep the name ScavengeBeforeFullGC. There were
a couple of arguments for this, the most important from my perspective that
ScavengeBeforeFullGC is a publicly documented flag.

So changes since last webrev is that all former usages of CollectGen0First is
now using ScavengeBeforeFullGC, and the removal of ScavengeBeforeFullGC is
reverted. There is also a check in arguments.cpp to set the correct default
value if not running ParallelGC. CollectGen0First and ScavengeBeforeFullGC had
different default values.

An updated webrev is available here:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jwilhelm/8042298/webrev.3/

Thanks,