Fwd: Re: RFR: 8062536: [TESTBUG] Conflicting GC combinations in jdk tests

Dmitry Fazunenko dmitry.fazunenko at oracle.com
Thu Nov 6 10:22:46 UTC 2014

Hi Katja,

You are right, there will be no conflict, because test ignores any
external VM flags.
So, adding @requires seems unnecessary here, but...

Ignoring external options is bad thing, such "selfish" tests are not
applicable for other areas, like GC, compiler, RT.

@requires  will allow to modify tests to include external vm options
without any risk of bumping into conflict and extend area of test
applicability.

But if you still believe, that @requires is not necessary - it's not a
problem, tests could be kept as is.

Thanks,