RFR (S): JDK-8058801: G1TraceReclaimDeadHumongousObjectsAtYoungGC only prints humongous object liveness output when there is at least one candidate humongous object

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Wed Oct 8 11:01:37 UTC 2014

Hi again,

 some clarification about the intent of this change:

On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 12:58 +0200, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2014-10-07 at 16:37 -0700, Sangheon Kim wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > can I have reviews for the following small change to print humongous
> > objects information
> > even though there's no candidates for humongous object?
> >
> > Main changes are:
> > 1) Not to skip humongous reclaim phase if
> > 'G1TraceReclaimDeadHumongousObjectsAtYoungGC' is set.

The humongous reclaim phase has previously been skipped completely if
there were no candidates in the beginning. This also skipped the trace
messages enabled with G1TraceReclaimDeadHumongousObjectsAtYoungGC.
However, with G1TraceReclaimDeadHumongousObjectsAtYoungGC enabled, it is
still interesting to see information about the humongous objects that
are in the system even if they cannot be reclaimed.