RFR (S) 8072693: [BACKOUT] GCCause should distinguish jcmd GC.run from System.gc()

Jesper Wilhelmsson jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com
Wed Feb 11 17:08:38 UTC 2015

Mikael Gerdin skrev den 11/2/15 15:08:

> On 2015-02-11 11:30, Jesper Wilhelmsson wrote:
>> Kim Barrett skrev den 11/2/15 00:03:

>>> A procedural question: Shouldn't this backout be accompanied by
>>> re-opening the original RFE (JDK-8068589) that was resolved by the
>>> changeset that is now being backed out?
>>>

>> We can't reopen the old issue since it has already been used to push a
>> change. The procedure is to create a REDO issue by cloning the original
>> issue. I have done that now.
>
> Right, I was planning to do that but I forgot about it. Thanks Kim for pointing
> that out and Jesper for fixing it.

No problem, that's part of the gatekeeping duties :)
Another thing we should remember the next time this happens is that if the
change has already been promoted to jdk9/hs, the backout should be done directly
in jdk9/hs to enable other teams to benefit from the backout asap.
I should have mentioned that when we talked about this before you did the
backout. My fault.
/Jesper