RFR(S): 8071822: [TEST_BUG] Adapt collectorPolicy internal tests to support 64K pages

Jon Masamitsu jon.masamitsu at oracle.com
Fri Feb 20 16:21:15 UTC 2015

On 2/18/2015 1:52 AM, Lindenmaier, Goetz wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> > Please revert to the original order of these lines
>
> > Could you define a variable to hold the heap alignment?
>
> Done.

Thanks.

> > Should the 30*M be aligned?
> It works as is, so I didn't want to change it. Also, OldSize is not
> aligned to heap_alignment.
>
> It ends up being 10M, while heap_alignment is 32M on the machine with
> 64K pages.

Ok.

> > What is the 20*m?
>
> The tests wants MaxNewSize + OldSize > MaxHeapSize, see comment.
> Before, the
>
> flag_value was just chosen accordingly (170M).  Now I add +20M  to
> MaxNewSize
>
> to assure this, as I have to  compute MaxNewSize.
>
> Is 'overlap' a good name?

Would it be accurate to change overlay (doesn't seem quite) right to
over_size and to change the comment to

989     // We intentionally set MaxNewSize + OldSize > MaxHeapSize/*(see over_size)*/.

Either way (overlap or over_size) is acceptable so you can decide.
Consider this reviewed.  I don't want to delay you even longer than I
have.

Jon