RFR: 8062063: Usage of UseHugeTLBFS, UseLargePagesInMetaspace and huge SurvivorAlignmentInBytes cause crashes in CMBitMapClosure::do_bit

Stefan Johansson stefan.johansson at oracle.com
Wed Jan 7 15:14:50 UTC 2015

Hi,

Please review this fix for:

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sjohanss/8062063/hotspot.00

just mark it as currently not used. When later re-committing those pages
we currently only mark them in use again. This works fine until someone
expects to get cleared memory back when doing a commit, which for
example is expected for the memory backing certain bitmaps. This fix,
makes sure that we always clear large pages when they are re-committed.

Testing:
* Built via JPRT
* Verified fix on failing reproducer
* Planning to run longer aurora-run.