RFR (S): 8067438: Add test to verify minimal heap size

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Wed Jan 7 20:35:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, 2015-01-07 at 21:07 +0100, Bengt Rutisson wrote:
> On 1/7/15 5:04 PM, Lindenmaier, Goetz wrote:
> > Hi Bengt,
> >
> > I had to add the new path to this line:
> >   * @library /testlibrary /testlibrary/whitebox  /../../test/lib
>
> Right. I was using a repository that hadn't been updated to include this
> change yet. Good that you noticed it and could handle it.
>

> > But then it works fine on the machine with 64K pages.
>
> Great to hear! And my testing on our platforms also passed.

Please add a comment about the 512 magic number in the test, and that we
assume that the heap constraint of page size * 512 is at this time the
largest heap sizing constraint. I.e. that this formula is a
simplification of the actual calculation.

Did you also test on a machine with large pages with parallel gc? Iirc
there has been some constraint that e.g. parallel gc needs at least
three (or four?) full pages for its heap, one for each of its spaces.

So I am not sure if this test as is is sufficiently robust.