RFR (M) 8075210: Refactor strong root processing in order to allow G1 to evolve separately from GenCollectedHeap

Erik Helin erik.helin at oracle.com
Tue Mar 17 15:56:56 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-16, Mikael Gerdin wrote:
> Full webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mgerdin/8075210/full/webrev

In general, the patch looks good, thanks for refactoring this!

I agree with Thomas' comments and also have one of my own: it looks like
G1RootProcessor::_trace_metadata only is used by
G1RootProcessor::evacuate_roots, could trace_metadata become an
parameter to G1RootProcessor::evacuate_roots instead of being a
paramater to the constructor?

Also, since set_n_termination has been removed from SharedHeap, can't we
just remove it from G1CollectedHeap as well?

Thanks,
Erik