CMM GC

Pressenna psockali at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 22:39:24 UTC 2015

Hello together,

I am working on a GC dubbed CMM.
I have discussed the client API details with a few colleagues / friends and
they think that it might be a worthwhile effort.

CMM attempts to give the mutators better control over their memory
utilization.
This is achieved by means of scoped heaps.
The mutators are now able to create, activate / deactivate, collect and
dispose of scoped heaps via an API.

I have now written up some of the details on a web site and was wondering
if I could obtain some feedback from the experts who know the subject
matter best.

See http://sockali.net/openjdk/cmm/ for a bit more detail and some use
cases.

I also checked in the CMM Java API into a repository.
The code will certainty not survive any reviews at this stage, but the CMM
interfaces are there to illustrate the basic idea.

See https://bitbucket.org/cmmgc/cmm-api

All feedback is most welcome, maybe something similar like this already
exists and I could learn from it for this implementation.

Thanks and regards,
Pressenna