RFR: JDK-8079556: BACKOUT - Determining the desired PLAB size adjusts to the the number of threads at the wrong place

Jesper Wilhelmsson jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com
Thu May 7 08:34:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

Please review this backout of JDK-8073204 - Determining the desired PLAB size
adjusts to the the number of threads at the wrong place

After the change the size returned by PLABStats::desired_plab_sz() can get below
the minimum PLAB size due to truncating integer division in that function, and
actually missing alignment. This results in several places getting the wrong
results because of this broken invariant.

The fix will take more than a day and this change is now blocking a push of
hs-gc to main.

Thomas prepared this backout, I have reviewed it (looks good), so we need
another Reviewer to push it.

Backout bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8079556
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jwilhelm/8073204/webrev_backout.00/
Original change: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/hs-gc/hotspot/rev/d57d15fb074b

The backout applies cleanly to latest hs-gc.

Thanks,
/Jesper