RFR(M,v3): JDK-8059036 : Implement Diagnostic Commands for heap and finalizerinfo

Derek White derek.white at oracle.com
Wed May 13 21:52:33 UTC 2015

Hi Dmitry,

Some review comments below...

On 5/12/15 1:10 PM, Dmitry Samersoff wrote:
> Everybody,
>
> Updated version:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-8059036/webrev.03/
>
> Now it iterates over queue and output result sorted by number of instances.
FinalReference.java
  - Update copyright to 2015.

ReferenceQueue.java
  - Update copyright to 2015.

class "mutableInt":
  - Should be "MutableInt"
  - Not a collections lawyer, but should MutableInt implement Comparable?

countInstances():
  - Javadoc should mention may return null.
  - Can countInstances() be package-private?
  - After you get the lock in line 138, you should recheck for "head ==
null", and return null if so. Otherwise it might sometimes return null
and sometimes return an empty map.
  - BIG: Is loop missing? Should "if" at line 140 be "while"?
  - Merge lines 147, 148: "} else {"
  - Check for consistent line spacing.

- Derek