RFR 7097567: G1: abstract and encapsulate collector phases and transitions between them

Mikael Gerdin mikael.gerdin at oracle.com
Tue May 26 08:54:24 UTC 2015

Hi Derek,
Sorry for the delay, I've been away on vacation and been pretty busy
after that.

On 2015-05-23 00:39, Derek White wrote:
> Still waiting for a review, but have a new version:

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~drwhite/7097567/webrev.04/
>
> Changes in rev 04 vs 02:
>   - Updated for GC source restructuring.
>   - Removed "_in_young_gc_mode" field, which had been deleted by a bug
> fix earlier but had been mistakenly resurrected.
>   - Moved yc_type() from G1CollectedHeap to G1CollectorState.

The include guard in g1CollectorState.hpp does not follow the convention.

Is there any reason for keeping G1CollectedHeap::full_collection()
instead of having its callers call collector_state()->full_collection()?

It looks like you have a bunch of whitespace changes in g1CollectedHeap.cpp:

  856       result = do_collection_pause(word_size, gc_count_before,
&succeeded,
  857           GCCause::_g1_inc_collection_pause);

  982       result = do_collection_pause(word_size, gc_count_before,
&succeeded,
  983           GCCause::_g1_humongous_allocation);

(and a bunch more)
You might want to double check your changes by looking at the diff,
webrev does not show whitespace changes by default.

In g1CollectedHeap.hpp you have some trailing whitespace on a couple of
empty lines.

/Mikael