RFR (S) 8016752: Test case for 8005857/8016740 (assert in GC_locker from PSOldGen::expand with -XX:+PrintGCDetails and Verbose)

Dmitry Fazunenko dmitry.fazunenko at oracle.com
Fri Nov 20 11:16:12 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for looking at the fix.  I totally agree with you: CR
should be well descriptive. Fixed.

A question: This test is for Parallel only, because it's a regression
test for a problem in Parallel.
It could be easily made applicable for all collectors to check that
PrintGCDetails + Verbose doesn't crash when OOM happens.
What is your opinion, does it make any sense or that case is very unlikely?

Thanks,
Dima