RFR (XXS): 8136680: Enable adaptive IHOP by default

Jon Masamitsu jon.masamitsu at oracle.com
Tue Nov 24 18:33:32 UTC 2015

Thomas, Looks good.

36 product(bool, G1UseAdaptiveIHOP, true, \
   37           "Adaptively adjust InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent from the "      \
38 "initial value. The policy tries to start marking as late as " \
39 "possible.")

Let me suggest an alternate comment though.

"Dynamically adjust the initiating heap occupancy from the  initial
value of
InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent.  The policy attempts to start marking in
time based on application behavior."

Do we need G1 in the name of the flag?  Would UseAdaptiveIHOP be
sufficient?   Or maybe UseDynamicIHOP?  Or  (I write this with some
trepidation) would the flag be better named
UseAdaptiveInitiatingHeapOccupancy
or UseDynamicInitiatingHeapOccupancy?

I'm asking the question now because I don't want to ask it the next time
we do a cleanup of flag names.  I can live with any of the above.

Jon