RFR: 8171045: gc/stress/TestStressG1Humongous.java fails to allocate the heap

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Tue Dec 20 16:30:38 UTC 2016

Hi Michail,

On Tue, 2016-12-20 at 16:59 +0300, Michail Chernov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could I have a reviews for this small change for one test, please?
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchernov/8171045/webrev.00/
>
> Sometimes test failed with error:

> Could not reserve enough space for 1048576KB object heap
>
> This happens on 32 bit systems. Now the test limits heap size to 512
> M.

Not sure if that significantly changes the tests. Running with 32M
regions with 512M of heap does not seem to make a lot of sense, but
previously it has only been 1g either.

One option could be to make two tests out of the one, one for 32 bits,
one for 64 bits. But the previous 1g heap has already been a random
guess too, so I do not know.

Other than that, and unless anybody has a better idea, it looks good.