JDK-8148960: Humongous mis-spelled in log output

kirk.pepperdine at gmail.com kirk.pepperdine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 16:57:24 UTC 2016

Hi Charlie,

There are about 60 flags that drop data into/alter the format of the GC logs. I think (I’ve not tested for all combinations of them) I can cope with the output from about 40ish of them and 1 of the 40 is the output from G1SummarizeRSetStats, I just don’t do much with the data at the moment. A lot of the data is interesting but only for debugging the collectors and it rarely offers little to no value when tuning so I don’t really do anything with it. The huge value is in occupancy before and after along with pause times. Calculations on those numbers alone can give you insight into where to go to get (sometimes huge) gains in performance. If there is anything you’re interested in looking at in a particular way, please just send me a request, I’ll happily drop it in for you.

Regards,
Kirk