Jvm asserts with DynamicNumberOfGCThreads and ParallelRefProcEnabled

Lindenmaier, Goetz goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Mon Feb 8 07:26:26 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have ParallelRefProcEnabled enabled. I found that TestDynamicNumberOfGCThreads.java
is asserting because of that.

The following command line runs into
g1CollectedHeap, process_discovered_references(), assert(rp->num_q() == no_of_gc_workers) :
-XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:+UseG1GC -Xmx10M -XX:+UseDynamicNumberOfGCThreads -Xlog:gc+task=trace TestDynamicNumberOfGCThreads$GCTest

On my machine, there are 33 queues,  but only 2 processing threads.
I think this either should be fixed, or the combination of flags should be
avoided by ergonomics.

Also, the test should be extended by that command line, I guess.

Best regards,
  Goetz.