RFR: 8146989: Introduce per-worker preserved mark stacks in ParNew

Tony Printezis tprintezis at twitter.com
Mon Feb 8 14:49:36 UTC 2016

Thanks Thomas. Also, if you could do a JPRT run I’d very much appreciate it.

FWIW, I tested it with doing many runs of all the usual test suites with -XX:+PromotionFailureALot -XX:PromotionFailureALotCount=150 -XX:PromotionFailureALotInterval=2 and this cause a bunch of promotion failures. I didn’t see any issues.

I also have the ParallelScavenge changes done (using the abstractions introduced here). I’ll open those for code review when this is done.

Tony

On February 8, 2016 at 8:53:08 AM, Thomas Schatzl (thomas.schatzl at oracle.com) wrote:

Hi Tony,

On Fri, 2016-02-05 at 09:18 -0500, Tony Printezis wrote:
> Updated webrev with a small change suggested by John Coomes (CCed) to
> move the in_c_heap arg to the c’tor instead of the init() / reclaim()
> methods:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tonyp/8146989/webrev.3/

overall looks good, although I will take another look. Let me run a
few tests with it.

-----

Tony Printezis | JVM/GC Engineer / VM Team | Twitter

@TonyPrintezis
tprintezis at twitter.com