RFR(XXS): 8145312: [TESTBUG] CMS: unable to create: There is insufficient memory

Dmitry Dmitriev dmitry.dmitriev at oracle.com
Wed Feb 17 18:06:32 UTC 2016

Hello Jon,

Thank you for the review&suggestion! Please, see my comment inline.

On 17.02.2016 20:47, Jon Masamitsu wrote:
> Dmitry,
>
> Change looks good.
>
> The minimum size of CMSSamplingGrain should be the minimum object
> size (in bytes) instead of 1.   Would that allow the test to pass?
I think yes, test will not hit OOM for bigger minimum value. As Joseph
wrote in the bug comment: "
Is this a valid argument: -XX:CMSSamplingGrain=1? Default is 16K and it
succeeds.
If I use 1K it doesn't fail.

In fact it doesn't fail with the value 2.

eden_chunk_capacity = (young_gen->max_capacity() + CMSSamplingGrain) /
CMSSamplingGrain;
     eden_chunk_array = NEW_C_HEAP_ARRAY(HeapWord*, eden_chunk_capacity,
mtGC);

with 2, there's just enough c heap. "

Probably, we can consider changing of the minimum value for this flag?

Thank you,
Dmitry