RFR: 8146989: Introduce per-worker preserved mark stacks in ParNew

Tony Printezis tprintezis at twitter.com
Thu Jan 14 00:07:41 UTC 2016

This is the change that introduces per-worker preserved mark stacks for ParNew (please see the previous thread on this):

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tonyp/8146989/webrev.1/

A couple of notes:

* Please see the note on the JIRA re: why the preserved mark stack on DefNew might still be used when ParNew is used.

* I moved the OopAndMarkOop and OopAndMarkOopStack classes from the G1 file to the shared file so I can re-use them. I thought doing this it’s cleaner than including the G1 file in the shared file.

* I’ll re-use the PreservedMarks class for the ParallelGC changes too (see JDK-8146991). In fact, it might be worth also using it in G1 too, so that all the logic is in one place. Your call.

-----

Tony Printezis | JVM/GC Engineer / VM Team | Twitter

@TonyPrintezis
tprintezis at twitter.com