RFR: 8147814: Move verification code out of g1collectedheap

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Thu Jan 21 13:15:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Wed, 2016-01-20 at 15:57 +0100, David Lindholm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After offline discussion I decided to do only the verification code
> move
> in this change. Please see the new webrev:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~david/JDK-8147814/webrev.01/

  I would prefer if we could remove the include to g1HeapVerifier.hpp
in g1CollectedHeap.hpp. As far as I can see only the inline definition
of G1CollectedHeap::verify(VerifyOption vo) in line 1455 forces this.

Could this method be moved to the cpp file and the include removed
(adding a forward declaration)?

This would also make it necessary to fix any missing includes for
g1HeapVerifier.hpp (I think it is only the in the other thread
mentioned g1MarkSweep.cpp file though at the moment).

I am not insisting on this, it's your call. I just tend to try to
decrease the number of includes in .hpp files...

Looks good otherwise.