RFR(xs): 8161552: Test issue: VM init failed: GC triggered before VM initialization completed. Try increasing NewSize, current value 768K.

Dmitry Fazunenko dmitry.fazunenko at oracle.com
Wed Jul 20 22:16:26 UTC 2016

Jon,

On 20.07.2016 23:56, Jon Masamitsu wrote:
> Changes look good.

thanks for review.

> You also removed the 3m maximum heap size test as well
> as the 2m one.  Was that also failing?

No, the test hasn't failed yet with the 3m limit. But 3m doesn't look
like a right minimal max heap value.
Because there is no formal requirement for the minimal heap size
required for Hotspot, I decided to round it to 4m.

I understand the current tests are still fragile, and we need to revise
how to test the VM behavior on  small heaps. So, this fix is an attempt
to preserve the existing tests via adapting them to the new reality.

Thanks,
Dima