JDK-6291341: jstat: FGC counter confusing when CMS GC is used

Jon Masamitsu jon.masamitsu at oracle.com
Tue Mar 8 22:08:27 UTC 2016

Yasumasa,

We're discussing this.

What would the result be if the GC team made the
JVM changes that you want to contribute.  Meaning,
without the jdk changes, will jstat continue to work
as it currently does?  Would the changes in the JVM
be useful to you without the jstat changes?  By the
JVM changes, I mean the changes for the counters.

The reason I ask is that the GC team does not
own jstat.   If I can integrate the JVM changes
without the jstat changes, it makes it a little
simpler.

Jon