-XX:-CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

Tony Printezis tprintezis at twitter.com
Thu Mar 10 21:32:14 UTC 2016

Hi all,

CMSClassUnloadingEnabled is enabled by default in JDK 8. Most of our services do not require class unloading (they load a bunch of classes up-front and that’s it) so we’re thinking of turning it off by default in our JDK as it increases our remark times by a non-trivial amount (40-90ms depending on the service). Any known issues with running with -XX:-CMSClassUnloadingEnabled? (This is a veiled way to ask: is anyone testing with that flag off?)

Thanks,

Tony

-----

Tony Printezis | JVM/GC Engineer / VM Team | Twitter

@TonyPrintezis
tprintezis at twitter.com