JDK-6291341: jstat: FGC counter confusing when CMS GC is used

Jon Masamitsu jon.masamitsu at oracle.com
Thu Mar 10 22:12:37 UTC 2016

On 03/08/2016 06:38 AM, Yasumasa Suenaga wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I discussed about FullGC counter for Concurrent GC:
>      http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-gc-dev/2016-March/016774.html
>
> I found same issue on JBS:
>      JDK-6291341: jstat: FGC counter confusing when CMS GC is used
>
> JDK-6291341 was closed with Cannot Reproduce.
> However, I showed cause of this issue in above thread.
>
> I uploaded patches for this issue:
>
>      hotspot: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-6291341/poc/hotspot/

I've looked at the hotspot changes and they look good.

>          jdk: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-6291341/poc/jdk/
>
> JDK webrev includes testcase update.
> All tests for jstat work fine.
>

> Should I work for it as new issue? Or should I reopen JDK-6291341?

Please open a new CR and explain what you did.  The 6291341 CR is a
rather tangled story (in my opinion) and the change can be explained much
more simply.  Link to 6291341.

I'm looking into what steps have to be taken to change jstat output.
This is not a done deal.  The first question that will be asked is if this
is an incompatible change and I don't know where it will go from
there.

Jon