RFR: JDK-8151336: Root region scanning should be cancelled and disabled when the ConcurrentMarkThread::run_service() exits

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Tue Mar 15 15:11:43 UTC 2016

Hi again everyone,

Here's an updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~brutisso/8151336/webrev.01

I removed the extra _has_terminated state and am instead using the
ConcurrentMarkThread::should_terminate() state to make sure we don't
start a new initial mark if the concurrent mark thread is about to
terminate or has already terminated.

The _should_terminate state is set in ConcurrentGCThread::stop() where
we first take the Terminator_lock with a safepoint check. So, we should
be able to rely on this value inside of do_collection_pause_at_safepoint().

Thanks,
Bengt