RFR(S): 8151808: Factor G1 heap sizing code out of the G1CollectorPolicy

Mikael Gerdin mikael.gerdin at oracle.com
Wed Mar 16 15:41:36 UTC 2016

Hi Tom,

On 2016-03-15 19:18, Tom Benson wrote:
> Hi Mikael,
> I noticed that g1HeapSizingPolicy.hpp defines
> NumPrevPausesForHeuristics, which is also defined in your new
> g1Measurements.hpp header.  I think it should only be in the latter. And
> as long as you're in g1HeapSizingPolicy.hpp, could you stick a blank
> line before line 42, "// Ratio check data..."?  8^)

Both use NumPrevPausesForHeuristics it's not clear to me that it's
semantically the same value as the one in what is now called G1Analytics.
 From my understanding the heap sizing wants to wait until "enough" gcs
have occurred so that it makes sense to do the resizing but I don't see
the connection with the lenghts of _recent_gc_times_ms,
_concurrent_mark_remark_times_ms, etc.

I've created a new webrev based on the rename to G1Analytics:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mgerdin/8151808/webrev.1/