RFR: 8152113: Remove _last_ditch_collection GC-cause and avoid expanding heap on Metaspace OOM

Stefan Johansson stefan.johansson at oracle.com
Fri Mar 18 08:46:33 UTC 2016

Thanks for looking at this Jesper,

I realize I was a bit to brief in my description of the change. Removing
_last_ditch_collection from is_allocation_failure_gc and
is_tenured_allocation_failure_gc was made on purpose, as you say
_last_ditch_collection didn't really belong there. The same goes for the
new causes, none of them should be used when collecting due to a heap
allocation failure. The effect of this will be that a Metaspace
allocation failure will no longer expand the heap for the parallel
collector and the same is true for a WhiteBox Full GC.

Thanks,
Stefan