RFR(s): 8152176: Big ParGCCardsPerStrideChunk values can cause overflow for CMS GC

sangheon sangheon.kim at oracle.com
Mon Mar 28 22:50:48 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Could I have some reviews for this change?

As very large value of ParGCCardsPerStrideChunk flag would result in an
overflow, we need a constraint function after memory initialization. And
the function will check the flag to be less than of equal to the size of
card table and not to make an overflow with other stride
factors(ParallelGCThreads and ParGCStridesPerThread).

CR: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8152176
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sangheki/8152176/webrev.00
Testing: JPRT, all runtime/commandline JTREG tests on all platforms

Thanks,
Sangheon