RFR: JDK-8153203: Remove liveRange.hpp

Bengt Rutisson bengt.rutisson at oracle.com
Thu Mar 31 19:05:57 UTC 2016

Hi Jesper,

On 31/03/16 20:08, Jesper Wilhelmsson wrote:
> Hi Bengt,
>
> Nice cleanup!

Thanks! And thanks for looking at this!

> The comment in psMarkSweepDecorator.cpp:294 is slightly confusing:
> "The first dead object should contain a pointer to the first live object"
>
> Does it mean "The first object is dead and should contain a pointer to
> the first live object"?

It actually means that the first dead object is no longer an object.
Instead, at that memory address, there is just a pointer to the first
live object that the previous phase found. So, I think the comment is
correct, but I understand why it is confusing. "First dead" here, refers
to the variable _first_dead.

Maybe this would be clearer:

"The first dead object is no longer an object. At that memory address,
there is a pointer to the first live object that the previous phase found."

Thanks,
Bengt