RFR (S/M): 8169703: G1 crashes with guarantee(pretouch_gang != NULL) failed: No pretouch gang specified

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Wed Nov 23 10:01:28 UTC 2016

Hi Kim,

On Mon, 2016-11-21 at 16:31 -0500, Kim Barrett wrote:

> > > I don’t see a change for this?
> > >

> >   apologies, I messed up something when adding the -XX:+UseG1GC.
> The @test is TestParallelAlwaysPreTouch, but invoked and defined test
> is
> TestAlwaysPreTouch.  Does that matter?

  that identifier is ignored. I removed it.

However, and that is much more serious, the
TestSharedArchiveWithPreTouch test has had errors I did not notice.
When running through jprt, it did not run the test (due to recent setup
issues).

The problem has been that passing empty string parameters ("") on 32
bit platforms (well, linux, windows is fine) are passed (and not just
ignored) as is to the command line, which does not work as expected.

I fixed this issue in a new webrev at

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tschatzl/8169703/webrev.2 (full)
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tschatzl/8169703/webrev.1_to_2 (diff)

Apologies again for this.