RFR: 8168396: Unexpected OOME in GcCauseTest02 and GcTest02

Michail Chernov michail.chernov at oracle.com
Thu Oct 27 13:23:46 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'd like to update the webrev after offline discussion with Dmitry
Fazunenko. Classes structure was simplified, removed unnecessary interface.

Tests GcCauseTest02 and GcTest02 were updated - old version can throw
OOME. The reason of OOME is that tests do not consider available free
heap and try to fill 70% of all heap. This change makes heap size fixed
( InitialHeapSize == MaxHeapSize ). New version tries to make heap usage
more than 70% and invokes System.gc() to update performance
counters/pools statistics.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchernov/8168396/webrev.01/

Thanks,
Michail