JEP 291

Kirk Pepperdine kirk at kodewerk.com
Wed Apr 5 16:29:26 UTC 2017

Hi,

I see that JEP 291 has been updated recently but it still includes the clause that the source will be removed. I’m surprised that this text still exists in the JEP given the positive discussions we had prior to and during JavaONE last year. During those discussions it was my understanding that the source would remain in OpenJDK but not be used by Oracle. Is this still the case or are we still dealing with the situation where the source for CMS will be removed from OpenJDK?

Kind regards,
Kirk Pepperdine