trouble passing JVM startup options using JTREG

Dmitry Fazunenko dmitry.fazunenko at oracle.com
Tue Apr 18 06:21:54 UTC 2017

Hi Ramki,

It's very unlikely to be an issue related to jtreg somehow.
I ran the test you mentioned manually, this is the quote from .jtr file:
Command line: [/jdk9/solaris-sparcv9/bin/java -d64 -cp
/home/fa/hs-int/hotspot/test/gc/g1/JTwork/classes/gc/g1:/home/fa/hs-int/hotspot/test/gc/g1:/home/fa/hs-int/hotspot/test/gc/g1/JTwork/classes/test/lib:/home/fa/hs-int/test/lib:/home/fa/jtreg/lib/javatest.jar:/home/fa/jtreg/lib/jtreg.jar
-XX:+UseG1GC -Xms128M -Xmx128M -Xmn2M -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=1M
-XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=0 -Xlog:gc
-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions -XX:+VerifyAfterGC *-XX:ConcGCThreads=1*
-XX:+IgnoreUnrecognizedVMOptions -XX:+G1VerifyBitmaps ReclaimRegionFast ]
All the VM options are passed as expected.

 > I have confirmed this through prints in the JVM code base.
I'm not sure what do you mean here, but I guess you did something wrong.

Please note, during execution of this test two JVM are launched:
- the first one started by jtreg
(TestEagerReclaimHumongousRegionsClearMarkBits class)
- the second started by test (ReclaimRegionFast class)

In the first one ConcGCThread should be set to 0.

Thanks,
Dima