Understanding High Object Copy Times

nezih yigitbasi nezihyigitbasi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 00:20:44 UTC 2017

Thanks for the suggestions. We use the default pause time. And here is our
entire set of JVM args:
https://gist.github.com/nezihyigitbasi/04f5fdb9c32ac56097011819e20602d8

I have some followup questions:

- In some case the object copy took 39406.8 ms, even if the remembered set
is ~30GB isn't this too slow (that's <1GB/s of data)?
- Is there any way to reduce the rset overhead?
- My initial thought when I saw the high object copy times was there may be
some sort of contention to have such a low throughput during the copy.
Although it may not be the case here, I just wonder whether there is a way
to see the amount of contention from the gc logs?

Nezih