RFR (S/M): 8155094: Add logging for long lasting methods found in JDK-8152948

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Thu Feb 23 11:06:55 UTC 2017

Hi all,

  can I have reviews for this change that adds straightforward logging
for some phases that were found to sometimes take a significant amount
of time to allow us to identify them more easily in the future?

It's basic adding of the necessary code - I agree that we should make
the logging more convenient to use - but I would like to do this kind
of refactoring in another change.

CR:
Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tschatzl/8155094/webrev/
Testing:
jprt (updated test case), tier 2+3 gc tests