Fwd: Request for review JDK-8169634 - Logging fails with 'pure virtual method called'

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Thu Jan 19 00:50:53 UTC 2017

Hi Alex,

I think reducing dependencies on statically initialized and destroyed
globals is a good thing, but unless they are all eradicated then it just
narrows the window for potential problems.

There has been a lot of discussion around 8169634 and the crash is just
a symptom of the real underlying problem - which is termination of the
VM process without shutting down the VM first. So this has been passed
back to the launcher folk to see how to make things more robust - with
suggestions now in the bug report.

Thanks,
David